Friday, February 18, 2005

Howl's Moving Castle


Howl's Moving Castle is the English title of the new Hayao Miyazaki film. Miyazaki is the director responsible for Spirited Away, Kiki's Delivery Service, and several other excellent animated films. If you haven't seen a Miyazaki film yet, I highly recommend his work.

I don't know much about Howl's Moving Castle yet, except that it features a monstrous fort that walks about on chicken's legs, like Baba Yaga's hut. I'll write an update when we get a chance to see it...

EDIT: The New Yorker magazine published a good article on Hayao Miyazaki in its January 17th issue. The reporter managed to talk to Miyazaki for a bit, which is, apparently, a rare thing. Unfortunately, the New Yorker does not seem to have published this aticle online. They have posted an interview with the interviewer, Margaret Talbot.Posted by Hello

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ah! I still want to see that! I did see Spirited away.

February 21, 2005 6:00 AM  
Blogger JustinH said...

The Kiki movie was also very good...I found it in the 'children's' section of the video store.

February 27, 2005 10:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My neighbour Totoro is terrific as well. I'm now on my 6th watch of Kiki's. Jiji is so cute.

February 18, 2006 3:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Click Here